What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Most of the personal data that we collect about you is provided by you. Some personal data may also be collected from our website, software applications and other digital platforms when you interact with us or use our software.
When you visit our website:
When you visit our website, we may collect data such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type, user settings and preferences, and/or the time and date of your visit.
When you contact us through our website, participate in a webinar, or subscribe to newsletters:
When you fill out the “Contact Us” section of our website, sign up to participate in an Evention webinar, or subscribe to our newsletters, we may collect personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, your business or organization name and address, user settings and preferences, as well as any other data you share with us.
When you use our software or services:
When you become a customer, use our software, contact us for services, or express an interest in our software or services, we may collect personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, your business or organization name and address, user settings and preferences, as well as any other data you share with us. We collect billing and shipping information from customers. Also, if requested, we may record a software training session with a customer for review by that customer.
When you engage in other communication with us:
When you communicate with us by email, phone, or in person, we may collect personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, your business or organization name and address, user settings and preferences, as well as any other data you share with us.
How We Use Personal Data
The data Evention collects about you allows us to better serve your needs and deliver a more personalized experience. We use personal data in order to:
- Process your orders and provide you with the software and services you have requested.
- Respond to your requests for customer service and support.
- Communicate with you about products and services you have ordered.
- Manage your software subscription, services or account.
- Educate our representatives so that they can effectively provide you with software and services.
- Maintain a record of customer support interactions to better serve you.
- Assure quality control and enforce our standards and policies.
- Keep you informed about our products, including software updates, upgrades, enhancements and other relevant information.
- Customize our newsletters, marketing and sales communications to inform you about products, services, webinars and other offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
- Conduct surveys in order to provide you with better products and services.
- Develop or improve our products and services.
- Ensure protection of our intellectual property and other assets.
- Comply with risk management policies and protocols.
- Initiate, assess, develop, maintain, or expand our business relationship with you or your company.
- We may otherwise use personal data with your consent, to comply with or enforce contractual obligations, or for other legitimate purposes.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain personal data longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for its collection. The time period of retention may vary depending on the nature and longevity of the relationship with Evention. We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to provide you with software or services, fulfill or enforce contractual obligations, comply with legal obligations or business requirements, or resolve disputes. We will also retain your personal data for as long as you wish to receive information and communications from us.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not sell or lease your personal data to third parties for our marketing purposes. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties under these circumstances:
1. As instructed by you – We will share, disclose, and update your personal data in accordance with your instructions, including compliance with any customer agreement.
2. To provide our services to you – In order to provide our software or services, or in furtherance of our business relationship, we may share personal data with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your personal data.
3. To comply with laws or other requirements – We may be required to disclose personal data if we reasonably believe such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or to comply with the requirements of any law, regulation, or legal process. If our business or any part of it is sold, merged with or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Evention may use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable and does not constitute personal data. For instance, Evention may publish reports that contain statistical, aggregated and anonymized data about our customers. These reports do not contain identifiable personal or company information or information that would enable a recipient to identify, contact or locate you.
International Transfer of Personal Data
By providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States, where a majority of the data Evention collects is processed. We have a branch office in Asia, to which we may transfer personal data, and the same policies apply to such transfers.
The safety and security of your personal data is important to us. Evention implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical measures to help secure confidentiality and protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Evention does not guarantee the security of data transmitted through the internet, through the software or website, stored on our system or otherwise collected, controlled or processed by us, as no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure.
Controlling Your Personal Data
In order to provide you with the best possible experience, we ask you to help us keep your contact information and personal data updated. If you believe that your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will correct it. You may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in certain circumstances by contacting us. Our contact information is listed below.
Sensitive Personal Data
Evention does not knowingly collect or process any sensitive or special categories of personal data about you, unless it is with your consent, it is data made public by you, or we are otherwise authorized or legally required to do so.
This website and any products, software, services, webinars, newsletters and other communications offered by Evention are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, please contact us.
Information Related to Data Input by Customers Into Evention Software
An Evention software subscription customer may, in accordance with applicable privacy laws, regulations and requirements, input data concerning its employees (“Customer’s Employees”) into the Evention software. Evention has no direct relationship with its Customer’s Employees and does not control the data its customer inputs into the software. To the extent that such data constitutes the personal data of its Customer’s Employees, the customer is the controller of the personal data and Evention, through its software, processes such personal data as the customer directs.
A Customer’s Employee who has questions about the personal data, or who seeks to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should contact his or her employer, the data controller, and Evention customer. Evention’s customer can access, correct, amend or remove the personal data of its employee or may request assistance from Evention in doing so.