What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Most of the personal data that we collect about you is provided by you. Some personal data may also be collected from our website, software applications and other digital platforms when you interact with us or use our software.
When you visit our website:
Most of the personal data that we collect about you is provided by you. Some personal data may also be collected automatically from our website, software applications, services, and other digital platforms when you interact with us or use our software.
Data you provide when you contact us through our website, participate in a webinar, or subscribe to newsletters:
When you fill out the “Contact Us” section of our website, sign up to participate in an Evention webinar, or subscribe to our newsletters, we may collect personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, your business or organization name and address, user settings and preferences, as well as any other data you share with us.
Data you provide when you use our software or services:
When you become a customer, access or use our software or services, contact us for services, or express an interest in our software or services, we may collect personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, your business or organization name and address (if applicable), user settings and preferences, as well as any other data you share with us. Where applicable, we collect billing and shipping information from customers. Also, if requested, we may record a software training session with a customer for review by that customer.
Data we collect automatically when you interact with us:
When you communicate with us by email, phone, or in person, we may collect personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, your business or organization name and address, user settings and preferences, as well as any other data you share with us.
How We Use Personal Data
The data Evention collects about you allows us to better serve your needs and deliver a more personalized experience.
We use personal data in order to:
1. Provide you with the software and services you have requested.
2. Respond to your requests for customer service and support.
3. Review product usage to define enhancements to improve the application.
4. Communicate with you about products and services you have ordered.
5. Manage your software subscription, services or account.
6. Educate our representatives so that they can effectively provide you with software and services.
7. Maintain a record of customer support interactions to better serve you.
8. Assure quality control and enforce our standards and policies.
9. Keep you informed about our products, including software updates, upgrades, enhancements and other relevant information.
10. Customize our newsletters, marketing and sales communications to inform you about products, services, webinars, and other offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
11. Conduct surveys in order to provide you with better products and services.
12. Develop or improve our products and services.
13. Ensure protection of our intellectual property and other assets.
14. Comply with risk management policies and protocols.
15. Initiate, assess, develop, maintain, or expand our business relationship with you or your company.
For some of our software and services, we need to collect data in order to deliver the software and services you use. Should you still disagree with the collection and processing of this data, please do not use our software or services.
The Evention software and services may use a third-party analytics tool to track page content and click/touch, movement, scroll, and keystroke activity in order to help Evention define enhancements and improve the application, and all such data is required to be anonymized. You can opt-out at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out/.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain personal data longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for its collection. The time period of retention may vary depending on the nature and longevity of the relationship with Evention. We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to provide you with software or services, fulfill or enforce contractual obligations, comply with legal obligations or business requirements, or resolve disputes. We will also retain your personal data for as long as you wish to receive information and communications from us.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not sell or lease your personal data to third parties for our marketing purposes. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties under these circumstances:
As instructed by you:
We will share, disclose, and update your personal data in accordance with your instructions, including compliance with any customer or other service agreement or terms.
To provide our services to you:
To comply with laws or other requirements:
We may be required to disclose personal data if we reasonably believe such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or to comply with the requirements of any law, regulation, or legal process. If our business or any part of it is sold, merged with or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Evention may use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable and does not constitute personal data. For instance, Evention may publish reports that contain statistical, aggregated and anonymized data about our customers. These reports do not contain identifiable personal or company information or information that would enable a recipient to identify, contact or locate you.)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we need the personal data to provide a service to or perform a contract with you; (ii) where the collection is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
We have a legitimate interest in operating our services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these services, for example when responding to your inquiries, improving our software and services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
International Transfer of Personal Data
By providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States, where a majority of the data Evention collects is processed. We have a branch office in Asia, to which we may transfer personal data, and the same policies apply to such transfers.
Third Party Disclosure and Links
The safety and security of your personal data is important to us. Evention implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical measures to help secure confidentiality and protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Evention does not guarantee the security of data transmitted through the internet, through the software or website, stored on our system or otherwise collected, controlled or processed by us, as no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure.
Controlling Your Personal Data
In order to provide you with the best possible experience, we ask you to help us keep your contact information and personal data updated. If you believe that your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will correct it. You may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in certain circumstances by contacting us.
Sensitive Personal Data
Evention does not knowingly collect or process any sensitive or special categories of personal data about you, unless it is with your consent, it is data made public by you, or we are otherwise authorized or legally required to do so.
This website and any products, software, services, webinars, newsletters and other communications offered by Evention are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, please contact us.
Information Related to Data Input or Uploaded by Customers Into Evention Software
An Evention software subscription customer may, in accordance with applicable privacy laws, regulations and requirements, input data concerning its employees (“Customer’s Employees”) or other individuals associated with Evention’s customer including customers of Evention’s customer (“Customer’s Associated Individuals”), into the Evention software. Such data may be input directly into the software or may be contained in documents uploaded into the software by Evention’s customer. Evention has no direct relationship with its Customer’s Employees or Customer’s Associated Individuals and does not control the data its customer inputs or uploads into the software. To the extent that such data constitutes the personal data of its Customer’s Employees or Customer’s Associated Individuals, the customer is the controller of the personal data and Evention, through its software, processes or stores such personal data as the customer directs.
A Customer’s Employee or Customer’s Associated Individual who has questions about the personal data, or who seeks to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should contact the data controller, the Evention customer that input or uploaded the data into the Evention software. Evention’s customer can access, correct, amend or remove the personal data of Customer’s Employees or Customer’s Associated Individuals or may request assistance from Evention in doing so.
California Privacy Rights
This California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) notice applies to California residents whose Personal Information (as defined in the CCPA) is processed by the Company pursuant to the CCPA or other California privacy laws. If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you, following verification of your identity, the following information we collected in the 12 months preceding your request: (a) the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected; (b) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected; (c) the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you; (d) the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and (e) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception;
- If the business sells Personal Information, you have a right to opt-out of that sale.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you a different quality of services. If we ever offer a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your Personal Information, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.
California residents have the right to request the identity of any third parties to whom personal information was shared if the purpose of the sharing was to enable third party direct marketing. If you are a California resident and wish to opt out of the sharing of this information, please contact us.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal data, you can contact us.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, or request portability of your personal data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Last Updated: October 2022.